Combined Selection Group Limited (company number 06962058) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We are the data controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Combined Selection Group Limited decides why and how your personal information is processed.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- Personal information you provide voluntarily via this website, social media platforms, such as Linkedin; and corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise
- Personal information we collect about you automatically when you visit our website and details of activities you carry out through the site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access
- Personal information we may receive from other sources such as advertising websites and job boards, our group companies or other third party contacts/companies (for example, when headhunting or networking, we may receive a business card from a third party containing personal information) in order to deliver recruitment services
What types of personal information we collect about you
Combined Selection Group Limited may process a range of personal information about you, including:
- Recruitment information
How do we use your personal information?
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are as follows:
- Legitimate interests or that of a third party. This includes:
- To communicate to you via text, email, social media or telephone to provide you with our recruitment services, and to facilitate and administer the recruitment process, match your details with job vacancies, fulfil contractual obligations with our clients, assess and improve our service to clients and candidates through recordings of any calls, establishment and defence of our legal rights, comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights
- Consent. This includes:
- From time to time, we may contact you via email, text, telephone with marketing information about our other services, or those services/products of the other entities within our group or with details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you, or if you are applying for a particular job which requires us to process your sensitive personal information. You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time. Please see “Withdrawing your consent” for further details.
- Legal obligations. This includes: to assist the police or other public authority or criminal investigation body; to identify you when you contact us; to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you; and to establish your right to work.
Who might we share your personal information with?
- Prospective employers in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs.
- Third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested
- Third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies
- Third parties service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations who perform functions on our behalf
- Other companies within the Combined Selection Group
Where do we store your personal information?
Your information is housed securely on our central database servers which are located within the European Economic Area (EEA) and is coded to enable our consultants and support staff easy and efficient access to your records. If at any time we transfer your personal information to, or store it in, countries located outside of the EEA (for example, if our hosting services provider changes) we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure its security on our systems and prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or access in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Where we collect any sensitive personal information about your health and criminal record, we will apply additional security controls to protect that data.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and our obligations under other laws.
For contact information, employment and benefit details, behavioural, biographical and other recruitment information contained within a CV, covering letter or reference and correspondence – we will retain your data for 4 years from the date at which you supplied your information or subsequently updated your information with Combined Selection Group Limited. Identification will be retained for 12 months and sensitive data for 6 months.
The only exceptions to the above retention periods are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
- we need to retain certain personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims against us
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law including:
- To be informed about the processing of your information.
- Accessing your personal information.
- Correcting and updating your personal information.
- Withdrawing your consent.
- Objecting to our use of your personal information and automated decisions made about you.
- Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing.
- Transferring your personal information in a structured data file.
- Complaining to the UK data protection regulator.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any queries or issues about this policy or about the way we process your personal information, please contact us by writing to our Information Representative us at Combined Selection Group Limited, Springwood House, Low Lane, Horsforth, LS18 5NU, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to speak to us by phone, our telephone number is +44 (0)333 323 2000.