Transport & Inventory Manager
- Building and Construction Product Manufacturer - with an enviable national reputation
- High demand product
- ASX listed company
We are working with one of Australia's best-known manufacturers within the Building and Construction Industry. The company are a ASX Listed company and proudly have an amazing reputation nationally.
To help maintain the successful stock levels and delivery for the Construction market we are seeking an experienced Transport & Inventory Manager with great leadership skills. Ideally this would suit someone who has team management experience with a Industrial industry, Logistics, Supply chain or Warehousing.
This role will be responsible to ensure the product availability and delivery throughout their truck network, with national deliveries. While maintaining the safest, most efficient manner to satisfy the needs of our clients
Some of the Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the relationship and encouraging direct and indirect reports on a day to day basis
- Ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Manage the scheduling of the Trucks on a daily basis, ensure completed in a timely manner while complying to all Heavy Vehicle and Chain of Responsibility (COR) requirements.
- Resolve any customer complaints and issues in a timely manner.
- Plan, organise and manage the work of employees and contractors.
- Ensure all direct and indirect reports, operations to ensure that employees comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules and government regulations.
- Manage Chain of Responsibility requirements.
- Work closely with Customer service and Sales teams to ensure the products are correctly dispatched
- Be responsible for the final Check that product leaving yard is of a suitable quality.
- Oversee yard and dispatch ensuring all required paperwork is completed and all dispatch dockets are signed, confirmed and re-classifications of any adjustments are made as per procedure.
- Check and review all daily reports to ensure stock levels are correct in system (JDE).
- Lead and manage projects to ensure continual improvement within the department.
The most suitable candidate for the role would have the following expertise:
- Transport experience with an understanding of heavy vehicles.
- High level of communication skills.
- High level of organisational skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, enthusiastic and a high level of self-confidence.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Minimum Cert 3 or Cert 4 in related field.
- Current High-Risk Workers Licence.
- Previous experience in warehousing, transportation, or other related industry.
- Previous experience in Logistics and warehousing
If you feel this description is a good match to your career, please submit your resume. I look forward to getting in touch.
Sorry, only applicants with the right to work in Australia.