Sustainability Services Manager - Life Cycle Assessment
Are you a technical specialist in Life Cycle Assessment?
Do you want to help a global giant in certification develop its presence in this space?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world leader in the testing, inspection, and certification industry who are further developing their presence in sustainability services into LCA and other related sustainability topics. You'll be a critical member in defining, building, and delivering the new range of services and forming the initial business.
We are looking for a motivated sustainability team player with an innovative mindset. With your expertise in the Life Cycle Assessment of products, you will both develop into an auditor role for carrying out challenging LCA projects and supporting the development of the global product sustainability program. You will help build services that support the Circular Economy of products and lead the execution of these services with a team of specialists in the region.
- Develop into auditing in product sustainability projects with a focus on critical reviews of life cycle assessment studies and verification of product carbon footprints for a variety of industries and customers.
- Guide global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance and collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations.
- Conduct a variety of life cycle analyses to support the delivery of client sustainability solutions, e.g. corporate and/or product environmental footprinting.
- Prepare clear and compelling reports, presentations of analyses, and recommendations for clients.
- Support product development and innovation projects in products sustainability from ideation, through product concept, Minimum Viable Products (MVP) development & piloting to product ramp-up (hand over to operations)
- Establishing and maintaining the relevant sustainability technical knowledge by forging strong relationships with external experts, technical/scientific institutions, industrial associations, and regulatory authorities (government agencies, research institutes, pilot customers)
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Sc. / B.A. Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Materials Science or related.
- Additional requirement: PhD
- Relevant experience in the fields of climate protection and sustainability as well as corresponding industry knowledge and networks
- For 4-6 years of relevant work in sharpening LCA analysis skills in a consulting, industry and/or academic context, performing, managing, interpreting, and communicating on results and sustainability topics.
- Comprehensive understanding and expertise on these key topics: climate change, resource efficiency, energy, carbon, sustainable materials, and circular economy of supply chains
- High level of customer centricity and openness to co-innovate.
SPECIFIC SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Experience on products Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) and related standards such as ISO 14044, ISO 14067, GHG Protocol.
- Strong understanding of sustainability topics, services, and client needs.
- Strong knowledge of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), including experience with LCA software tools, e.g. SimaPro, GaBi, OpenLCA, Umberto
- Open-minded, flexible, self-starter with a positive outlook
- Fluent in written and spoken English; further foreign language skills would be an advantage.
- Curious and creative
- Self-motivation and problem-solving skills
If this sounds like the kind of position that suits your skillset and you would like to learn more, please either apply through our website or get in touch with Jordan Roberts @ CSG Talent