Our client is a well-funded, and rapidly expanding start up located in Massachusetts, specialising in immunotherapy platforms. This progressive company is dedicated to supporting life sciences, clinical, and academic research.
- We are looking for a highly motivated person who loves science and wants to be part of a dynamic and fast paced team.
- The Scientist will be responsible for management of protein conjugate sourcing, production and manufacturing, and will be involved in developing, qualifying, and/or validating robust methods to support product release and characterisation by collaborating with internal functions groups and external CDMOs.
- Lead the preparation, characterisation and functional testing of protein conjugates and ensure timely delivery of reagents to internal stakeholders and potential collaborators.
- Multi-step and large-scale antibody purifications, medium-scale biotinylation, multi-step complex conjugations, single-step protein purifications.
- Analysis and purification of protein conjugates using various techniques (e.g., SEC, HIC, PLRP, LC/MS)
- Execute protein design and engineering, antibody or scFv generation and optimisation, including vector design, cell transfection and protein purification process.
- Establish protein production workflow across diverse protein classifications in both non-antibody and antibody categories.
- Contribute to the development of new bioconjugation methodologies.
- Purify bioconjugates by size exclusion chromatography, ion-exchange chromatography, affinity chromatography and hydrophobic interaction chromatography.
- Characterise bioconjugates using multiple techniques such as UV/Vis, fluorescence, HPLC, MS and
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for internal and external matters related to QA and QC.
- Analytical techniques include, but are not limited to, Real-Time PCR, immunoassays (immunoblotting and ELISAs), and gel-based assays (SDS-PAGE and CE-SDS).
- Participates in inspection readiness activities.
- Assist with equipment qualification and/or validation activities: drafting and executing IOQ protocols, drafting and reviewing reports and other documentation.
- Responsible for conducting and/or assisting with laboratory investigations: deviations, OOS/OOT, aberrant/unexpected results, and invalid results.
- Responsible for conducting and/or assisting with the identification, initiation, and closure of quality events (Deviations and CAPAs) related to analytical testing.
- Responsible for overseeing accurate, complete and timely records (test records and laboratory notebooks), in compliance with ISO 13485. FDA 21CFR 820 and 21 CFR Part 11, EU Medical Device Regulations 93/42/EEC, and EU MDR/2017 where applicable.
- Maintain familiarity with current technology related information and/or literature and conducts project related information searches and may be involved in extensive literature searches.
- Train others in laboratory procedures and processes, and in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments. Provides feedback to supervisor on training progress.
- Perform other duties and assumes additional departmental responsibilities as required. Performs other assignments and tasks as directed.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills within and between departments. Maintains appropriate laboratory records, notebooks, and other formal company documentation, as required.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors, and exercises judgement within broadly defined practices and policies to determine appropriate conclusion and follow up action.
- S. or Ph.D in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-8 years of experience in the production, purification, and characterisation of conjugate molecules on research scale and medium scale is preferred.
- Forward thinking, attention to details and data-driven, with a genuine passion for innovative science and delivering new clinical tools.
- Experience with bioconjugates, such as targeted peptides, oligonucleotides, or antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), including site-specific modification approaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various techniques and troubleshooting abilities related to protein labelling (site-specific, lysine, chemical and enzymatic, etc).
- Strong background in mammalian cell culture (CHO, HEK293), and stable cell line generation, process development, optimisation and scale up/down.
They are offering a competitive compensation, with meaningful stock ownership, strong benefits, and a great work environment. This is an opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company at an early stage.
If you are interested in this position, please feel free to contact Tom Crawford via for further details.