Senior Design Engineer - Sydney
Company: As a premier expert in drive and control technology, our client specializes in manufacturing products and systems related to the control and motion of industrial and mobile equipment. They guarantee efficient, powerful, and secure movement in machines and systems of all sizes. The company provides a comprehensive range of offerings, including Industrial Hydraulics, Mobile Hydraulics and electronics, Gear Technology, Linear Motion, and Assembly Technology, serving as a one-stop solution for customers-from Industrial and Mobile Robotics components to various applications.
Location: The head office is situated in the North-West of Sydney, with branch offices spread across various states in Australia.
Opportunity: We are offering a permanent full-time opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Engineer. This position is for a Senior Design Engineer who will play a key role in supporting the development and structure of our Engineering department, contributing to the overall growth and success of the company. We are seeking a dynamic professional to help us strengthen our position for the future.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Design Engineer will work the as part of a team and is responsible for creating concept and detail designs in order to produce complete project design documentation for both internal and external clients.
- Design and drafting utilising CAD packages including AutoCAD, Inventor and Creo.
- Produce associated project documentation utilising Microsoft Office applications.
- Work directly with engineering staff, sales staff and customers to produce drawings and bills of material from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions.
- Work closely with all departments in the plant to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawings or specifications. Use corporate drawing standards as guidelines.
- Work within a Systems Engineering and Quality Assurance framework.
- Interpret and apply Australian and International Standards to designs.
- Project Management of multiple projects at anyone time.
- Responsibility for on time delivery of project deliverables.
- Performs additional related duties as requested or required.
- Ability to manage multiple large size/complexity, interdisciplinary projects
- Conduct risk assessments, design & implement of control measures
- Lead design draftsman, graduate engineers and engineers within the scope of assigned projects
- Responsibility for on time delivery of project deliverables
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical/Mechatronics) - or equivalent
- Min 5 years' experience in Engineering and Production
- SAP, PP, MM module and Microsoft Office experience
- Autodesk - AutoCAD and Vault experience
- PTC - Creo and Windchill experience
- Effective communication and team skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment
Additional Information & Benefits: Embark on a journey with a robust and stable organisation of over 30,000 professionals, renowned as one of the world's leading IoT companies. As part of our team, you'll encounter a spectrum of opportunities, including:
- Collaborative Environment: Experience a team-oriented atmosphere that values collaboration, pragmatism, diversity, and mutual respect.
- Career Growth: Explore a myriad of diverse and exciting career paths within our organization.
- Anniversary Awards: Celebrate your successes and tenure with our Recognition Program, offering rewards that acknowledge your contributions.
- Training and Development: Access comprehensive training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
- Staff Discounts: Enjoy exclusive staff discounts and affiliated-brand products.
For more information, please apply for this role or contact Bronwen Webb -