We are currently working with a leading engineering firm that operates globally. Due to continued growth they are now seeking a Pyro-Metallurgist to be based at their offices in Canada.
You will need to have previous experience within pyro-metallurgy projects.
Within this role you will be responsible for Smelting, Calcination, Roasting, Refining and team management.
Duties of your role include -
- Responsibility for the successful management of smelting, refining, calcination and roasting processes.
- Providing leadership to the Pyro-Metallurgy team, managing performance, identifying troubleshooting deficiencies and making the right correction assessments for the team.
- Direct the department to ensure cost effective operations of the main concentrator.
- Process design, development, test work planning, pilot plant design and operation and scale up to commercial design.
- Forecasting for business planning and cost management.
- Personnel Management.
- Training and continuous improvement.
- Enforce company environmental, health and safety programs in accordance to OIS policies.
- 7+ years of experience in a Metallurgy/Process Engineering role within battery and other critical minerals.
- Bachelor of Engineering - Chemical, Mineral Processing or Metallurgy
- OSA and PSI operations experience
- Process improvement
- Canadian or US National or hold a valid green card.
If this is an opportunity you would like to discuss further or have anyone you can recommend, please get in contact and send your CV