Are you a Project Manager in the mining industry with experience in Gold?
Do you have experience of running large scale projects from study through construction?
Do you have working rights in Canada, alongside a QP/P.eng/professional engineer in Ontario or Quebec?
We are currently working with a Tier 1 engineering consultancy that delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services throughout the mining and metals industries on a global scale. Due to a strong period of growth and a large pipeline of studies they are currently looking for Project Managers in Toronto or Montreal.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the project/study ensuring that the project is executed efficiently and effectively. This will include managing the project schedule, budget, quality and client relationship.
Duties of the Project Manager include-
- Ensuring the quality of output of the allocated project team, and that it is aligned with the needs of the project / study, the company objectives, the requirements of the client and meets regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring the management and technical competence of the project team in the delivery of the projects / studies is enhanced and developed to meet the requirements of the Clients and their projects in accordance with the contract.
- Developing and maintaining the various project specific procedures, work practices, plans and protocols to enable the project team to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work.
- Ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of the project control (reporting, costs, schedule, trends and change management) in terms of both direct and indirect costs in accordance with the contract and in-house procedures.
- Project management experience in mining industry specifically with Gold.
- Project development experience including the management of numerous projects through their complete cycles from initiation to close-out.
- In-depth knowledge of the mining and EPCM industry.
- Managed large scale projects of $250m +
- Have working rights in Canada.
If this is an opportunity you would like to discuss further or have anyone you can recommend, please get in contact.
Please note this is not an IT based Project Manager role, it is mining processing sites.