- Work for a successful family-owned business that is already 25 years in the market.
- Join an organisation that invests in technology and delivers high quality standards.
- Opportunity to run a business that is rapidly expanding.
We are working with one of the most technology advanced printing/ packaging companies in Adelaide. If you are a great people manager with experience managing multiple teams and growing the people within the teams, this role would be a great for you.
They are nationally well-known food & beverage, health care, consumer goods and agricultural industries. This high technological business supports their customers from design through to production of high-quality packaging solutions.
This position is pivotal within the company, overseeing all pre-production and post-production activities through your team members. The overall aim for this role is to run the business and ensure daily activities are running smoothly. It will be responsible for managing 30 employees (direct and indirect) and overseeing:
- Production Schedules (With production manager assistance).
- Managing the office and directing production what jobs they need to run to meet customer's requirements. Doesn't need production experience as there is a Production Manager to assist.
- Running the day-to-day business while The Managing Director and General Manager deal with the future and bigger picture requirements and opportunities.
- Aligning Production with Customers Requirements
- Liaise with Sales/Clients to update expected delivery dates.
- Manage schedules and planning with production based on customer requirements/expectations.
- Liaise with Suppliers on incoming goods ETAs and raise supplier NCRs.
- Align admin and production to ensure customer delivery dates are achieved.
- Run weekly meetings with department heads to communicate customer requirements and align priorities Sales Support
- Provide Sales team support to manage stock holding agreements, pricing, and forecasting.
- Manage client forecasts and pricing structures.
- Manage a set list of existing key customer accounts.
- Manage Admin, Procurement & Purchasing Staff
- QC and approve quotes prior to releasing to sales/ customers or reject and review errors with applicable staff member.
- Train new Admin, Procurement and Estimating Staff and provide coverage to mentioned roles.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to Admin, Estimating & Procurement staff.
- Ongoing systems and procedures improvements. *
- Organise office/staff functions.
- Software To Be Used
- Microsoft Office Suite - Focus on Excel
- Dolphin - Estimating Software
- Attache - Accounting Software
- ArtiosCAD - Basic function to check sizes
- Excellent people management skills with experience managing multiple teams and growing the people within the teams.
- Great at setting tasks and following them through to ensure they are completed.
- Assertive and confident enough to ensure tasks are completed.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills while also being interrupted to help their team.
- Great at computer-based programs eg accounting and learning new quoting software.
- Good with numbers and details.