Focus Improvement Engineer - Beverage Manufacturer
The Focus Improvement Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing production processes to improve efficiency, reduce waste, increase throughput, and improve product quality. Ensure that products meets quality and safety standards, as well as collaborating with other departments to troubleshoot issues and implement best practices.
Location : Pittson, PA
Salary : $70,000 - $100,000 (based on experience) + benefits package & relocation
- Design and optimize production processes for the addition of new lines as well as existing lines and product.
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, reduce waste, and improve product quality.
- Conduct process simulations and analyses to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with Quality, Maintenance, and Production to develop process controls to optimize tools, systems, and processes.
- Supports the business through cost reduction in a process system operation.
- Collaborate and solve issues with plant teams as required.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement new technologies, best practices, and SOPs.
- Drive cost savings through system optimization.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Develop project scope from design, funding, installation, and deployment when necessary.
- Provide guidance to maintenance and compliance teams as required.
- Understand the impact of cycle and parameter changes and adjust forecasts accordingly.
- Work with appropriate business and procurement teams to ensure support from vendors regarding setup, installation, repairs, and maintenance are satisfactory.
- Work with Production, Quality, and Maintenance groups to review records and data to find root causes of non-conforming production and develop corrective actions.
- Participate or lead in validation and commissioning of new and modified equipment.
- Develop, implement, and document novel and creative solutions to complex problems with various system dynamics.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in plant operations (preferably food/beverage) and/or process system design and commissioning required.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule engaging on off shifts.
- Six Sigma qualification preferred.
- Previous experience with CMMS systems required.
- Proven track record of cost savings from system optimization required.
- Extensive previous experience in plant and equipment operation and reliability improvement required.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively lead change and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge and/or specialized training in HACCP, GMPs, and SQF.
- Knowledge of Aseptic (HTST) Processing Systems and requirements.