OPEX LEAD / Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist
- Work for a global business that supplies to all sectors throughout Australia/ New Zealand
- Be part of an organisation that truly cares about Sustainability.
- Join a company with approx. 40 years of Lean Manufacturing background.
- Play an instrumental part in driving changes in a mature organisation.
The Operational Excellence Lead (OPEX LEAD) will be a pivotal role, to ensure the Adelaide Manufacturing Plant is identifying and executing improvements in Safety, Quality, production efficiency, costs, and loss/waste reduction.
Success is measured by the ability to actively engage our team on the ground to achieve tangible results & to educate teams in waste elimination & continuous improvement (CI) using Lean Principles.
The team in Adelaide are welcoming and hardworking, with many team members celebrating over 15 years with the company. While walking through the production floor you can feel the long term relationships and the camaraderie between everyone.
- Teach and utilise Lean tools to all levels of the organisation (Kaizen, 6S, TPM, QCO, Standard Work, Visual Management VSM, SQDC Boards, MDI, SMED etc.)
- Facilitate Kaizen events, follow up on action items, analyse outcomes and re-evaluate outcomes through hands-on participation
- Analyse reporting and communication of departmental key metrics related to continuous improvements, safety, and environmental outcomes
- Guide team to develop and maintain engineering competencies at the sites by coaching and mentoring to build capabilities
- Provide overall support, assistance, direction, and communication to management teams regarding CI initiatives
- Sharing best practices to drive results and capability to develop consistency
- Be an ambassador for Continues Improvement within the organisation
About the Company:
Our client is 90 years in the market and is the leader in innovation and one of the largest in its sector. They are a global manufacturer, with over one hundred manufacturing plants globally and twelve within Australia/ New Zealand.
The most suitable candidate would have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Process Engineering or similar
- Lean Six Sigma experience is preferred
- An experienced leader capable of engaging and motivating both individuals and the team
- Proven record of being a change agent leading both cultural and EBITDA improvement outcomes in a fast-paced environment
For a confidential application, submit your resume.