Are you an engineer technically sound in either cement mixes and clinker or concrete? This is the perfect opportunity to apply your technical expertise into sales and work in the big city in Calgary.
You will be working for a global building materials producer offering excellent career progression.
The Technical Sales Engineer will be dealing with existing and new customers on an ongoing basis. The majority of the work week will be spent working on the technical marketing, sale, and promotion of cement and fly ash products in Southern Alberta. They will be working with the oil & gas, construction, and mining industries. Providing technical guidance to internal/external customers and providing strong customer service will be a priority. There will be some travel throughout the Southern and Central Alberta territory and most trips will not require an overnight stay.
What You'll Get To Do
- Represent the company within industry associations and the business community
- Resolve internal and external customer issues and provide excellent customer service
- Maintain strong customer relations with existing customers
- Research and monitor market conditions, gather information, and identify potential markets and customers
- Provide price quotations and supply agreements for existing and new customers
- Create and deliver effective presentations to industry stakeholders
- Develop and remain current with technology and provide technical knowledge of cement-related products and their application
- Promote cement and cement-based products
- Participate in the development of pricing strategies, marketing plans, and sales targets
- Administer fly ash Quality Control Program to ensure testing and reporting compliance with standards
- Maintain contact with Fly Ash suppliers to plan product supply throughout our Northwest Region
Experience and Skills:
- Engineering Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in cement and /or concrete technical role
- Knowledge and experience in the construction industry
- Proven sales experience and training
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: proficient in Excel to take reports an analyze
- Excellent problem-resolution and customer satisfaction skills
- Strong negotiation, presentation, and networking skills