Sustainability Business Development Manager for Western European Hub
Are you a proven Business Development Manager in Environmental or Sustainability services?
Do you want to help a global giant in certification develop its presence in this space?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world leader in the testing, inspection, and certification industry who are further developing their presence in sustainability services into LCA and other related sustainability topics. You'll be a critical member in developing the initial sales pipeline for this new division.
You will be working closely with the global head of sustainability services to outline, define, and deliver the first wave of the sales strategy for an ambitious expansion into LCA, PCF, and GHG-based services lines.
- Responsible for delivering key projects at local and global levels in the areas of:
- identifying and evaluating new business opportunities,
- developing and improving existing lines of business,
- Supporting the MD, the Sales Manager, and the Key Account Manager in identifying new key business opportunities, performing market analyses, defining and executing sales plans, and other business development initiatives.
- Improving internal operations, including development and maintenance of the continuous improvement of the company.
- Identifying and proactively engaging key stakeholders, project sponsors, and decision-makers at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize direct or indirect reports, to be identified depending on the project and on the tasks to be fulfilled; and the management of the LIMS team.
- Represent as the point of contact in the company for Corporate Functions such as Finance, HR, Legal, Facilities, Procurement, Communication & Marketing, and IT. As such, supporting them on strategic projects and ordinary activities related to the company.
- Supporting the MD and Finance & Controlling with the forecasting and budgeting processes.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Sc. / B.A. Degree. Background in environmental science/management or similar.
- 5-10 years of experience in sales / technical sales/business development in the TIC industry.
- Experience in the sustainability area will be considered a plus.
- Proven track records of business development activity and delivering against targets.
- High level of customer centricity and openness to co-innovate.
- High self-motivation and self-directed autonomous working style.
- Fluent in English. Any additional languages will be a plus.
ADDITIONAL POINTS & SKILLS
- Help grow the portfolio by identifying and capturing potential customer segments and key customers in key Western European Markets
- Actively identify and research potential qualified clients. Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Forge new strategic partnerships with customers and other stakeholders such as government agencies, research institutes, etc. To validate and showcase the value propositions of our new services and run pilot projects in selected markets.
- Identify potential customer pains and work across business units, regions, and departments to support the team in optimizing current services and shaping future services in the course of an innovation process.
- Carry out training of selected colleagues across key Western European Markets to shape an aligned and customer-centric sales approach.
- Establishing and maintaining the relevant sustainability technical knowledge with external experts, technical/scientific institutions, industrial associations, and regulatory authorities
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Driven, confident, goal-oriented, motivated self-starter.
- Ability to manage project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional project teams spanning multiple geographic locations.
- Good team player with a positive "can-do" attitude, engages with colleagues and stakeholders across levels of staff and management.
If this sounds like the kind of position that suits your skillset and you would like to learn more, please either apply through our website or get in touch with Jordan Roberts @ CSG Talent.