Are you an experienced Business Development Director covering the East and Central Africa?
Do you have experience in within Consumer Electronics?
If yes this could be the perfect role for you…
My client is a leading consumer electronics business who have grown their African offering ten-fold. They are now in the process of recruiting for a Business Development Director team based in Kenya.
The role will report directly into the Chief Operating officer and be responsible for the development for the East and Central African market. The role can be based in Kenya, however there will be an expectation to work across different time zones.
- Develop, implement and oversea strategic sales plans to achieve the organisations objectives, ensuring profitability and efficiency of the organisation.
- Collaborate with a range of people outside the sales and development team to gather and analyse business intelligence, including financial, technological and demographic factors.
- Devise, implement and measure the organizational, operational protocol, KIP's, sales targets, evaluation, impact and achievement from learning seminars; thereby providing board executives with clear monthly performance reports.
- Work with the COO to collapse the various operated businesses into one coordinated income group
- Manage the business budget; maintain income forecast and cash flow records for use by the CFO.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to work remotely and independently as well as part of a changing and growing team. You will have experience of developing and executing strategies within the east and central African region and you will bring solutions not problems to the table.
- 8 years experience in a similar development role, with demonstrable skills in working in a client- driven environment. Ideally with a consumer electronics background
- Experience in contract negotiation, client liaison and overall contract management
- Knowledge of complete sales cycle, from planning/forecasting to sell-in & sell-out management
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results against business plans
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
If this role is of interest, please follow the steps to apply.