A successful international producer developing their operations in Africa is looking for an astute Technical Services Manager to manage reserves/resources, life of mine and all aspects of the technical team, including mentoring, for this top tier producing asset.
The company is still looking to add to the portfolio through strategic acquisitions taking another important step towards attaining notoriety as a mainstay player in those top miners with a focus on production.
The Technical Services Manager will be critical for the team and overseeing:
- Responsible for overall leadership, strategic and technical direction to ensure that the technical services function is aligned to and supports the overall operational performance objectives for underground.
- Mine design and scheduling of diverse range of key growth opportunity projects in conjunction with resource geology management team
- Support of mine operations through optimisation, tradeoffs, feasibility and evaluation work on the operational assets to enhance the value of the Life of Mine taking the ore body geology in account, to maximise value for the operation
- Lead the optimisation and development of the LOM, Medium and Short Term Plans ensuring equipment is utilised effectively and efficiently by undertaking equipment trade-off studies and develop justifications.
- Ensure correct equipment is selected to meet production targets and practical operational needs within a large scale underground asset. Assist and advise in completing life of mine cost models.
- Track open underground operational performance against LOM plans, analyse production trends and forecasts, to ensure consistency with Mineral Reserve & LOM parameters across all assigned operations.
- Complete appropriate cost benefit trade off studies with new equipment / mine infrastructure and assist in the development and implementation of action plans to achieve these gains for the company and asset.
- Oversee and deliver on-time mid-year preliminary and year-end reserve statements and reconciliations in accordance with NI43-101 for all assigned operations.
- Develop the technical and leadership skills of the team and promote a positive team culture to promote local skills development.
If you'd be interested in a prestigious company in a role with potential growth attached to it, please click apply now where Jon Taylor will handle your application in confidence.