Strategic Account Lead - Biopharma - EU
We are retained on a Strategic Account Lead - Biopharma.
This role is remote based, and can be located anywhere is mainland Europe - UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark.
The Strategic Account Lead is an important team member supporting the Company's rapidly growing International Business for the Biopharmaceutical sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing strategic Biopharma accounts and driving Sales and BD activities for the EU Business.
This will involve close working relationships with customers, regional marketing, field sales, scientific operations, and commercial operations. The Strategic Account Manager will report directly to the Regional Sales & Strategic Account Director - International Business.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong cross-functional skills, ensure timely responses and deliverables, and be effective in communicating with our customers.
- Identify key customer and market needs for large patient cohort studies within each account advocating the technology to develop a broader awareness, understanding, and collaboration potential within each.
- Build relationships with champions and key opinion leaders to position the company as the preferred technology for biological insights.
- Pursue and close contracts within targets to meet revenue goals.
- Develop strategic plans within each account and research arm leading to future business and relationships.
- Communicate across business segments the opportunities and relationships which may lead to synergistic business
- Work effectively as a team member with internal resources and with senior leadership to outline strategic opportunities and markets.
- Full accountability for proactive building of a revenue pipeline to support sales targets.
- Strong prospecting skills in finding and developing your own leads is a must.
- Routinely provide an accurate sales forecast that is directly tied to sales metrics around activity, prospecting, strong funnel management and full accountability of CRM (SFDC) data.
- A minimum of a BS degree in Life Sciences or related field required; a masters or PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related science is preferred.
- An MBA is also preferred
- A proven track record in sales related to life science services, platform services, laboratory experience with omic-based biomarkers would be preferable.
- Experience in lab service offerings for late stage and/or global clinical development studies to the large Biopharma companies.
- Expert experience in leading and completing commercial contracts and sales negotiations within pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills will be required to give presentations to internal and external audiences.