Senior Staff Engineer - RF/EMC
Are you an experienced EMC Engineer within Electrical/ Wireless Devices? Do you want to join a continuously growing, world-leader within the industry?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading provider of technical services. We provide a customer centric approach to our solutions that are supported by a combination of both excellent commercial professionals and highly knowledgeable technical professionals.
After continuous and significant growth within the EMC division, we're looking for strong EMC engineers to act as the bedrock of EMC Testing. You'll be focused on providing technical management including participating on standard committees and business development with the sales teams.
- Maintain (and develop where needed) "expertise" in domestic and global Connectivity standards and certification requirements related to RF / EMC testing; Serve as the primary technical contact domestically in the respective Connectivity product field.
- May supervise and coordinate work of other Engineers for maximizing lab staff and equipment utilization and operational excellence in TAT and quality of service. Coordinates staff to ensure that they are adequately equipped to perform required tasks.
- Work closely with the department team to ensure the following: compliance to all relevant quality system policies and procedures, and prompt response to client inquiries regarding order status, department workload, capabilities, and report content for jobs initiated by staff or team.
- Assist higher-level management in safety initiatives and enforcement, calibration program, internal quality audits, preventative maintenance, KPI metrics, purchasing and any other projects as needed by the operations.
- Coordinate development and implementation of internal audit and management review procedures and monitor compliance with internal company QA, trade or industry association or accreditation requirements.
- Coordinate and confer with staff to resolve operating problems and deliverables.
- Provide technical expertise to clients, sales, and operations staff of Connectivity product standards to applicable US and International EMC/RF standards ( i.e., ANSI C63.10, ANSI C63.26, EN 300 328, EN 301 893 and similar), FCC rules and regulations, Canada (ISED) RSS/ICES standards, and the Radio Equipment Directive.
- Identify, set up and operate standard and advanced test instruments and equipment required for testing; analyze test data and generate test data sheets.
- Review other engineer's projects, for qualified categories; Create client deliverables in the form of test reports, letter reports, and certification reports.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout projects. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Develop, write, review, and validate test methods, laboratory SOPs, and other department-level operating, safety, and quality documents.
- Assist lab operations for enhancing accreditation scope (such as ISO 17025, Guide 65).
- Investigation on, response to, and follow-up of client inquiries and complaints. This includes responding to client requests for quotation of services (accurately identifying length of project, type and number of samples necessary, and standards that will be used).
- Internal and external technical support to marketing, customer services and sales. Attend customer meetings and create SOPs for specific testing needs.
- Coordinate, manage, and conduct multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Train and mentor junior engineers and technicians; develop training courses for junior engineers and technicians.
- Develop new testing capabilities as required by approved business plans including research, specifying test equipment, and training of operations and sales.
- Represent Company at Industry Association and Trade shows and promote Services for Connectivity.
- Host Webinars, conferences.
- Drive and Direct new Company initiatives for new services
- Other projects and tasks assigned by company and supervisors.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- A proven track record of leading a team of technical specialists.
- Open to change, new experiences and cutting-edge technologies.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritise workload based on an agreed business requirement.
- A track record of exercising a good balance between technical judgement and commercial awareness.
- A motivational team player, with a positive "can-do" attitude who pro-actively manages conflict and positively engages with colleagues.
- A proactive approach to change and self-development.
The ideal candidate will come from a test house environment and preferably have strong experience in the EMC and RF standards. It would also be an advantage to have experience working with cellular testing procedures and standards.
If this sounds like something of interest, please reach out for a confidential discussion.