Senior Financial Accountant
- Family-owned Australian Windows & Doors Manufacturer with a national presence
- Established Leadership Team to provide hands-on training & ongoing development
- Supportive safety-first team culture that celebrates and collaborates together
We are working with one of Australia's most respected aluminum joinery manufacturers, supplying high-quality products to architects, designers, builders, and home renovators across the Asia Pacific Region.
From humble beginnings in a Queensland backyard, they have grown to employ over 1000 people Australia-wide, across our diverse, vertically integrated business.
They are a leading manufacturer of aluminum windows and doors.
The Senior Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for collation and preparation of the financial accounts of the organisation and associated entities. Preparation of balance sheet and cash flow.
The role will also work with the Group Finance Manager to ensure the success of annual audit and taxation compliance for both direct and indirect taxes.
Implement appropriate accounting and financial practices.
Ensure compliance with business and legislative requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of month end processes in a timely and accurate manner
- Review of the group service profit centre profit and loss reports
- Responsibility of the month end financial pack, including statistics ledgers, balance sheet, cash flow, graphs, etc.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations, ensure integrity of reconciliations
- Responsible for daily Cash flow report
- Ownership of accounts for annual audit process
- Administer GST for the company
- Administer FBT for the company
- Tax statutory requirements and compliance for company
- Financial Reports
- General Ledger System
- Financial Policies
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum CA/CPA qualification with a professional practice background in taxation/audit of five years and one/two years post professional in a commercial environment, preferably manufacturing
- Strong core technical knowledge of accounting standards and taxation legislation
- Confident communication skills
- Well-developed systems knowledge
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (intermediate level of Excel is a requirement, knowledge of intermediate Excel functions)
- JDE or ERP System knowledge would be preferred