Senior Engineer - HAZLOC - Intrinsic Safety
Are you an experienced Senior Engineer in Hazardous Location testing? Do you want to join a continuously growing, world-leader within the industry?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-leading provider of technical services. We provide a customer-centric approach to our solutions that are supported by a combination of both excellent commercial professionals and highly knowledgeable technical professionals.
After continuous and significant growth within the electrical product division, we're looking for capable engineers to act as the bedrock of hazardous location testing. You'll be focused on providing expert insights for conformity assessment with international and national regulations with the result being a Certificate, Test Report, and/or Technical Report for the client.
The individual will be responsible for testing and client communication of projects being evaluated in a 3rd Party Laboratory. This individual will manage projects from the proposal process through the delivery of the final test report. Additional duties include the generation of quality procedures and work instructions along with the design and implementation of test fixtures as required.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Review the design of Products for Hazardous Locations against worldwide UL, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx standards.
- Conduct tests in accordance with worldwide UL, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx standards.
- Generate reports based on review and test data.
- Create quality procedures and work instructions.
- Create testing procedures.
- Travel to industry meetings and customer sites.
- Experience with UL 913, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 157, UL 121201, EN/IEC 60079-0, EN/IEC 60079-1, EN/IEC/UL 60079-2, EN/IEC/UL 60079-11, EN 60079-15, UL 844, NFPA 496 preferred.
- Experience with UL 62638, UL 61010-1, UL 508, and similar standards.
- Experience operating DMM, Oscilloscope, Spark Ignition Chamber, Data Logger, and other various related test equipment.
- Experience working with certification agencies and data submittal.
- Familiar with schematics and circuit functions.
- Experience reviewing projects and providing feedback to the engineering team
- Familiarity with Battery Powered products, Laboratory Equipment.
- Requires 10-20% travel.
- Remote work opportunity for the perfect candidate.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- A proven track record of leading a team of technical specialists.
- Open to change, new experiences, and cutting-edge technologies.
- BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent degree with 5 years of experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize workload based on an agreed business requirement.
- A track record of exercising a good balance between technical judgment and commercial awareness.
- A motivational team player, with a positive "can-do" attitude who proactively manages conflict and positively engages with colleagues.
- A proactive approach to change and self-development.