International Business Development Director
Location: UK, Europe, USA - Remote
Our client is a large international integrated manufacturer and marketer of coconut-based food ingredients to the global market. The business has seen excellent growth given the rise in popularity of vegan based foods and the company has a planned expansion to double their capacity by YE 2023.
As part of this growth, they are looking for an experienced International Business Development Director to join their team.
- Predominantly focused on acquiring new business focused on manufacturing accounts
- Develop expansion plans across assigned markets and execute them to perfection
- Take full P&L responsibility for the assigned business
- Scan the market, identify potential clients, understand their decision-making process and work collaboratively with their decision-making units to maintain a healthy sales pipeline
- Participate in relevant food ingredient exhibitions & fairs
- Aggressively acquire new clients through a structured sales process and retain them
- Nurture existing portfolio of clients in Europe through superior service and relationship management
- Nurture the relationship and maintain the growth of the companys major distributor in the North America to ensure our significant share of the US market is maintained and grown.
- Utilise knowledge & understanding of the industry segment to identify client challenges and promote solution-based outcomes using our product portfolio
- Work collaboratively and proactively with internal stakeholders across the business to provide exceptional client support & service
- Achieve all KPI's and deliver sustainable results
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience within Food ingredients and have exposure into the international markets. It would be beneficial for the successful candidate to have a strong network of contacts within the food manufacturing arena both in Europe and the UK. This role will require a significant amount of travel, so willingness to travel is a prerequisite.
- A degree in Marketing, or a related field. Qualification in Food Technology will be an added advantage
- 10+ years' experience in sales ideally within B2B food ingredient sales
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and be well versed with presenting product solutions to clients
- Strong sales, negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Successful track record in your previous engagements in achieving KPI's, acquiring new business and growing existing accounts