We are currently working with a global mining company that operates a $multimillion copper gold mine in Indonesia. Due to them entering an expansion phase of the project they are now looking for a Senior Manager to be based in Indonesia, reporting into the Plant Manager. You will need to have previous technical and supervisory experience within $multimillion copper mining projects.
The role of Senior Manager Process Operations will be responsible for overseeing fixed plant expansion project to ensure the quality is a high standard, and that it is running to the timescales allowed.
Duties of the Senior Manager include -
- Responsibility for the successful management and development of training programs.
- Providing leadership to strategically manage risk, monitor finances and ensure budgets and financial controls are hit for operating profit and working capital targets.
- Ensure resources are adequate to meet the company objectives.
- Oversee plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources.
- Responsibility for providing suitable benefits packages for the recruitment of new employees.
- Developing effective mentoring and coaching processes to ensure that individuals and teams can implement and support the organisation's continuous improvement processes.
- Developing strategies to ensure that workplace learning opportunities are used and that team members are encouraged to share their skills and knowledge to encourage a learning culture within the team.
- 15+ years of experience in project management of process operations.
- Previous experience managing project scopes in the range of US$500M to US$Bn project scopes/budgets.
- Previous managerial experience of project teams.
If this is an opportunity you would like to discuss further or have anyone you can recommend, please get in contact.