An international operator is currently looking to bolster their Geology team by hiring a Resource Geology Specialist for this tier-1 operation.
This newly created role is responsible for undertaking change management from the old owners whilst training up national geologists bringing the mine and team to a best-in-class standard.
The key aspects of this role will include:
- Responsible for training up local resource geology team (team is being built as we speak), to take over responsibility for resource modelling / GC modelling.
- Review QAQC of the project/operation for data that is used within the Resource and grade control model updates.
- Update the mineral resource section of NI43-101 reports for all assigned projects.
- Assist with Resource reconciliation and declaration.
- Update and optimize grade control block models for the project/operation.
- Review reconciliation of grade control block models with the resource block models.
- Provide input in the preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports with full mine-to-mill reconciliation and annual mineral resource reconciliations.
- Ensure NI43-101 codes are followed.
- Problem-solving and guiding Resource and Project Geology teams in generating appropriate resource models and rolling grade control models.
- Ensure smooth transition of geological model generation between exploration and resource estimations.
- Ensure smooth transition and documentation of block models from geology to mine optimisation and present to management.
- Identify opportunities for improving the Resource Estimation process and initiate positive change.
- Actively encourage and demonstrate a culture of safety leadership, targeting zero harm.
- Commit to maintaining, safety, health and environment standards and principles, both within own working place and through the identification of potential risks throughout the mine site.
If you'd be interested in a NEW, exciting (I don't use that word often!) long-term journey in reporting into a Manager that could really enhance your skills, please click apply now where Jon Taylor will handle your application in confidence