Project Director- Fixed Plant Expansion Project: Sumbawa, Indonesia.
We are currently working with a global mining company that operates a $multimillion copper gold mine in Indonesia. Due to them entering an expansion phase of the project they are now looking for an Expat Project Director to be based in Indonesia, reporting into the General Manager. They will need to have previous construction and expansion experience with $multimillion copper mining projects.
The role of Project Director will be responsible for overseeing fixed plant expansion project to ensure the quality is a high standard, and that it is running to the timescales allowed.
Duties of the Project Director include-
- Responsibility for the successful conclusion of the fixed plant expansion projects.
- Providing leadership to strategically manage risk, monitor finances and ensure each phase of work is started or completed on time.
- Recommending changes to the expansion project that is ongoing if it appears it is not proceeding on schedule or is producing unsatisfactory results.
- Developing effective mentoring and coaching processes to ensure that individuals and teams can implement and support the organization's continuous improvement processes.
- Developing strategies to ensure that workplace learning opportunities are used and that team members are encouraged to share their skills and knowledge to encourage a learning culture within the team.
- 15+ years of experience in project management of fixed plant construction.
- Previous experience managing project scopes in the range of US$500million to 1-billion-dollar project scopes/budgets.
- Previous managerial experience of project teams.
If this is an opportunity you would like to discuss further or have anyone you can recommend, please get in contact.