Our client is a 30 year old market leading FMCG food business, manufacturing and distributing over 300 food products, leading their category as Australia's No1! They partner with all major retailers, and it's an exciting time to join the business with their recent national expansion into 3 new major supermarket categories. A fantastic success story, they are proudly a 100% Australian-owned business with a genuine focus on their people.
What's in it for you?
- A career with a well-respected business in the FMCG industry
- A fun office environment. A Business that looks after their staff
- A company that truly values your opinion and ideas
- Supportive management team
- Strong focus on career development
- WFH opportunities once settled in
- Fortnightly company lunches
- On site free parking
- Extra paid day off on your birthday
- Quarterly and end of year Christmas events
Due to on-going operational and organisational expansion of the business, our client is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to develop and drive effective, efficient and value-add procurement strategies along with sourcing and contract management aligned with strategic and business needs.
This role also manages the Purchasing Team.
- Sourcing and Procurement Strategy - Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Supplier Management - Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and condition
- Stock Purchasing Management - Manage the Purchasing Team, establishing purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department
- NPD Management - Responsible for supporting Commercial, NPD and Operation teams during product development, handover and launch such as but not limited to project order placement, supplier capability and production readiness, supplier performance management, order and stock management, forecasting and contract execution.
- Support to execute company-wide strategic projects - Support sub-initiatives for Cash-flow optimisation, Supplier COGs reduction, International and Local Freight Tender & in-House Manufacturing projects
- Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop "win-win" strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Evaluation of supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Data extraction and expenditure analysis with a view to drive cost saving initiatives
Key Experience requirements:
- Minimum 7 -10 years of experience as procurement/sourcing specialist or management.
- Successfully developed, executed, and managed category and sourcing strategies within the FMCG industry (Critical)
- An effective negotiator, communicator, and people influencer, able to build relationships with stakeholders across all levels.
- A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies
- Sound commercial acumen and the ability to understand cost drivers
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Tertiary qualification in Business / Commerce, Supply Chain or related disciplines highly desirable
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Applications and familiar with ERP systems
- Membership of a Procurement/Sourcing aﬃliated body highly desirable
If this great opportunity is of interest, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this role simply click APPLY where James Slaven will handle your application in confidence.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidate already residing in Australia with full working rights can be considered for this role