Site Expatriate Medical Doctor
Location - Residential Southeast Asia, Mine Site Location, Excellent Accommodation Facilities, Beach weekend lifestyle
Salary - Approx USD$180,000-$235,000 (NET / AFTER TAX) per annum, 2 flights home per annum, accommodation, schooling, healthcare (all covered)
Expatriate Doctor Core Role & Responsibilities
- Shall understand all information related to health responsibility, safety, and environment including but not limited to re-observation work field for potential loss/detriment, providing a timely report of potential hazards and accidents to the Company, and obeying the tenet of operations, applying to stop work authority and business conduct and code ethic compliance.
- Perform provision of medical emergency and evacuation advisory
- Responding to requests for medical consultations, performing physical examinations, requesting lab testing, making diagnoses, and prescribing medications for patients who have recently sustained an acute sickness or injury.
- Provides medical emergency and evacuation advisory services for Expatriates, National Employees, and their families in accordance with the direction of the Company, including but not limited to regulating medical services and medical treatment arrangements
- Examine the medical history and physical condition of the patient to identify the underlying cause of their symptoms and the best course of action.
- Obtain thorough histories from the patient's relatives to assist in determining the cause or genetic basis of the patient's injuries or illnesses.
- Take part in continuing education courses to stay up to date on the newest medical procedures and treatments.
- Cooperate with various site health sections and other departments
- Create requisite physical examination, medical history, analysis, and planning, and a treatment plan for every patient.
- Act appropriately in all cases of cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Make the necessary arrangements for EMS backup and interpret electrocardiograms.
- Perform initial interpretation of all radiographs and coordinate medical care with the appropriate teams/sections.
- Provide rapid sentence intubation, discharge instructions, and all necessary papers.
- Make sure to assess everyone eligible for emergency medical care from the healthcare system to provide a medical evaluation of their condition and take appropriate action.
- Provide the best medical care possible to reduce emergencies and to allow the patient to carefully continue their care as an outpatient with any necessary follow-up care.
- Serves as subject matter expert & providing medical and technical expertise and input in an emergency, clinical skills, knowledge, and healthcare management to develop a high level of medical knowledge within site medical teams
- Promote Professional Development's full range of services, including but not limited to Continuing Education and Leadership Development
- Uphold standards of educational materials in alignment with Continuing Medical Education requirements
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including the writing of internal guidance documents, including SOPs and quality management documents
- Participates in medical & healthcare management site review
- Foreign nationals from Singapore, Australia, Europe, South Africa & America
- Registered in a Professional Organization in its Country of Origin
- A degree in medicine from an accredited medical institution is required.
- Minimum 8 years post-qualification experience & certified, in medical emergency & evacuation, General Practice, or Family Medicine (preferably have experience in mining industries and remote areas & broad knowledge of tropical medicine)
- Must be able to apply medical knowledge and principles to Company business challenges in order to achieve significant & quality outcomes
- Must have acquired a license to practice medicine.
- Possession of certification in Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) & ATLS, Current American Heart Association BLS Certification. Certified of Occupational Health Specialist is the advantage
- In-depth knowledge of recent medical treatments, practices, procedures, and equipment is required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Applicants for this medical position must be able to think and act quickly in a stressful environment.
Other Essential Skills
- Time management skills: Time management skills assist emergency department physicians to prioritize their work and guarantee they satisfy the demands of their patients.
- Medical knowledge: The capacity to treat a range of medical illnesses and emergency site cases.
- Communication skills: interact with patients, other medical personnel, and family members. To make sure patients receive the care they require, may adjust their communication approach to the variety of persons they speak to, all of whom have different levels of medical understanding.
- Risk tolerance skills: To quickly weigh all potential treatment options before selecting the most suitable one.
- The ability to quickly decide based on the information available requires critical thinking skills and the ability to evaluate a patient's condition and choose the most appropriate course of action.