We are looking for a Mechanical Fitter Tier 3 to be part of a maintenance team working from Monday to Friday from 7am to 3:30pm.
Th Mechanical Fitter is going to be based in a manufacturing company in Edinburgh North SA.
Salary and Perks
- $42.19 Base hourly rate
- Monthly RDO
- Full-time Permanent role
- 5% annual leave loading
- Tool Allowance
- Annual Plant Bonus up to 5% of annual salary
- Training opportunities
- Christmas BBQ
The role will be working with high-volume automated manufacturing equipment and injection molding tools, with the following responsibilities:
- Execute autonomous maintenance and installation tasks on plant and equipment as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as per EAM schedule.
- Inspect and maintain the quality of all manufactured moulds and components.
- Provide technical support to production as required.
- Maintain drawings in the drawing vault using the Solidworks drawing package
- Participate in Lean Six Sigma Kaizen events and improvement projects as required.
- Liase with the Maintenance Manager on matters relating to the technical upgrading of production and ancillary equipment identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor spare stock levels, source and re-order spare parts as required.
- Support the coordination of work activities within the maintenance team a bias towards safety and productivity.
- Be competent in the use of all workshop machinery / equipment to fabricate parts as requested.
- Read and fabricate complex parts from drawings.
- Competent in fabricating and weld any parts/machinery when required.
What we are seeking:
- Mechanical Trades (plus Toolmaking experience) or Toolmaker trade certificate
- Proven experience working on high quality, precise tooling and molds.
- Must be able to read and fabricate from an Engineering drawing with close tolerance components.
- Experience within a fast-paced high volume production environment.
- Proven experience and competency in the use of lathes, mills, surface grinders, drills and welding equipment along with other workshop tools.