We are hiring a Field Applications Scientist for our Bioproduction business unit to work with the sales organization for the Western US territories to maintain and build relationships in the pharma and biotech space, with the goal of increasing business activity both in sales and collaborative media development/optimization projects. Candidates should live near one of the major hubs (Seattle, Houston, San Diego, LA, San Francisco).
- Provide technical support to customers, sales and distributors (via phone, email, customer visits)
- Leverage strong structured problem-solving skills to identify and resolve customer need
- Communicate with the sales organization to ensure all business needs are met.
- Provide voice of customer to internal teams on product performance, implementation, and development areas, identify training and documentation gaps.
- Author, edit, and/or review technical documentation (e.g. papers/posters) related to specific products or company capabilities
- Provide input on new product ideas; participate in market assessments for proposed products
- Assist with training the selling organization on the bioproduction product portfolio.
- Develop network of key thought leaders/influencers in the bioprocess space (e.g. cell/gene therapy, protein production, vaccine, etc.)
- Prepares monthly reports for the Area Sales Manager and appropriate Product Managers.
- BS in Biology, Biochemical Engineering, or related Life Sciences discipline. MS or PhD is desirable.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in either: a biotech/biopharma/vaccine company in late-stage R&D and/or process development for upstream bioprocessing or a media development and supply company, being directly involved in an analogous FAS role and/or customer-engaged media optimization/custom product development activities.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years' experience working within the biotech/biopharma sector.
- Advanced level of cell culture science, bioprocess, and general technical marketing techniques.
- Strong technical skills
- Aptitude for understanding, communicating, and training scientific concepts, applications and methods.
- Highly motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and adjust quickly.
- Customer focused/strong networking skills
- Well organized
- Ability to work with others and independently as required
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint