The District Manager provides direct oversight to hourly employees. This person ensures that standards are being met, locations are fully staffed, and continually works to develop the employees that report to them. Through evaluation of sites, and excellent communication skills, the District Manager ensures customer satisfaction on every level.
- Recruit and hire employees to assure accounts are properly staffed according to contract specifications.
- Assign duties and tasks to employees and inspect work for cleanliness and completion
- Determine work procedures and prepare schedules while ensuring the account stays within the given labor budget
- Conduct new hire orientation, safety training, job training, etc. to assure hourly employees can perform tasks in an efficient and safe manner
- Prepare and review all required paperwork such as time sheets, accident reports, new hire paperwork, employee training records, work orders, equipment and supply orders, etc.
- Create an open line of communication by assisting in employee relations problems, and coaching and counseling employees to empower success.
- Establish relationships with customers by visiting accounts on a regular basis to assure the highest quality of service
- Resolve problems and complaints in a timely manner to maintain the highest customer satisfaction possible
- Document customer contacts and concerns on an on-going basis, and assist with follow through to assure issues are resolved
- Monitor assigned accounts for work order opportunities and additional work that can be added to the contract
Two to three years of management experience required. A qualified individual must have several years of janitorial industry experience as well. Must be able to multitask and adapt to changing environments. Must have a customer service mindset, and training skills. Experience with Microsoft and Google products required.