A cashed-up and highly ambitious exploring listed explorer is currently looking for a new CEO to lead the company to the next phase of their growth whilst marketing and presenting the company to investors in future.
Driven by a close-knit and enterprising board of directors with a vast history of growing junior companies, this Managing Director will be tasked with being energetic and purposeful in the investor market, introducing the company to new investors and investors already within their network.
Furthermore, the CEO will need to understand the precious metals market, exploration and geology, but not be a technical expert due to a few recent hires in the business that are fantastic at what they do with running drill programmes, resources and exploring.
This role will be based on the East Coast of Australia in a major city.
Some of the key characteristics needed to be successful in this position are:
- Familiar with technical aspects of exploration, so they can hold the technical team accountable to schedule, priorities and budgets.
- Needs to be confident to interact with the team and tell the story to investors, but does not need to be a technical expert, the company have an amazing team on the ground now and between them and the rest of the board there will be all the materials for them to work with.
- Good skills in finalising press releases and corporate presentations. The bulk of the technical work will be done for them, but need dedication and effort to make it easy to grasp by non-technical investors. ?
- Be able to present well in person, on line and on calls.
- Have a deep network of potential institutional investors and high net worth individuals. We need this Chief Executive Officer to dedicate 75% of their time to presenting the story to these types of investors as well as prepare and present materials for the retail market.
- The person will be expected to be pro-active in reaching out to existing and potential new investors on a regular and frequent basis.
- Be familiar with investor relations and marketing initiatives around that, e.g. through analyst coverage and social media networks and conferences.
- Be able to manage projects developing in a VERY different time zone on the other side of the world
- They have a lot of support in place on the corporate side, but a good knowledge of the gold and international markets is going to make this person unrivalled within this recruitment process for this leadership position
- The candidate COULD have a technical background backed by finance and marketing experience or a non technical person that has been worked closely with technical personnel in similar roles e.g. mining analyst, new business development person etc.
- Harness the company's resources to drive share holder value.
- Ability to finalise and oversee/manage corporate budgets, plan and execute fund raises at appropriate times.
This company has a good results from recent programmes and has advancing exploration projects in a region not-so synonymous with top tier mining operations and world class exploration deposits.
To be the strategic leader responsible for the next phase of this company's growth, please click apply now where Jon Taylor will handle your application and discuss in a confidential fashion.